The Benefits of Using a HEPA Filter

April 25 2014
Tagged in Home Air Filters
Written by Your Filter Connection Many men, women, and children suffer from allergies. The good news is that there are many things you can do to get rid of the triggers that cause them. One of the easiest ways to combat symptoms associated with allergies is to keep your home free of the dust and debris. What’s the best way? A home air filter. But even if you purchase a home air filter, you will need to replace the filter with a high efficiency particulate air filter, or a HEPA filter. Here’s why Your Filter Connection recommends a HEPA filter for people with allergies. Traps More Contaminants While regular air conditioner filters are designed to protect the equipment, a HEPA filter is able to trap up to 99 percent of contaminants that circulate through them. Compare 99 percent to only 40 percent. A disposable filter typically captures around 40 percent of particles in the air. The other 60 percent gets breathed into your lungs and causes allergies. While it’s important to have a filter that protects your equipment, a HEPA filter can do both and are designed according to standards created by the Department of Energy. If you suffer from allergies, it will be in your best interest to purchase a HEPA filter for your home. A HEPA filter simply works better at trapping contaminants in the air and creating a healthy environment for everyone. Your Filter Connection carries a large selection of the top name brand filters on the market, including 3m filters and replacement furnace filters.

Newsletter Signup

Sign up to join our mailing list and be the first to hear about special pricing, new products, and tips to get the most out of your filters!

You can also sign up for our email reminders to change your filter here

No thanks, I'd rather not